Nord, North Dakota (Historic)
Type: Farm Post Office
Township: Cleveland Township
Post Office Established: April 12, 1900
Postmaster: Lewis L. Anderson
Post Office Closed: December 15, 1905, with mail to Petersburg
NORD: This was a farm post office established April 12, 1900, with Lewis L. Anderson as postmaster. It was located in SE ¼ Sec. 32-155-57, Cleveland Twp., eight miles SSW of Lankin on the border of Nelson County. The area was settled by Norwegians, and nord means north in their native language. The post office closed December 15, 1905, with mail to Petersburg. 2 (2,3,18,34,40,75,415)(Pg 140).