Lomice, North Dakota (Historic)
Post Office Established: June 12, 1900, Rural
Postmaster: Frank Kvasnicka
Township: Sauter Township
Location: NE ¼ Sec. 3-155-59, 11 miles SW of Adams
Post Office Closed: October 4, 1905 with mail to Lawton.
LOMICE: This was a rural post office established June 12, 1900, with Frank Kvasnicka as postmaster, and named for Lomnice, Bohemia, the home town of many area settlers, with a slight change in the spelling. It was located in NE ¼ Sec. 3-155-59, Sauter Twp., eleven miles SW of Adams. The post office closed October 4, 1905, with mail to Lawton. In 1937, St. Catherine’s Catholic Church was built at this site. 2 (2,40,75) (pg 116).