Linstad, North Dakota (Historic)
Post Office Established: November 16, 1896
Postmaster: Louis Swenson
Township: Shepherd Township
Location: Nw ¼ Sec. 11-156-59, 8 miles SW of Adams
Post Office Closed: January 31, 1914 with mail to Adams
LINSTAD: This was a rural post office established November 16, 1896, with Louis Swenson as postmaster. It was located in NW ¼ Sec. 11-156-59, Shepherd Twp., eight miles SW of Adams on the west bank of the Forest River. It was named for Ole Linstad, a pioneer settler in the area, and closed January 31, 1914, with mail to Adams. 2 (1,2,18,40,53,75) (pg 114).