Ops, North Dakota (Historic)
Type: Soo Line Railroad Station built in 1900’s
Township: Ops Township
Location: SW 1/4 Sec. 21-155-54
Disappeared From Maps: 1950’s
OPS: This was a Soo Line Railroad station built in the early 1900’s in SW ¼ Sec. 21-155-54, Ops Twp., about six miles west of Forest River. It was named for its township, which was named for the Roman goddess of plenty and fertility, who was the wife of Saturn and lived on earth to protect agriculture. Three grain elevators were here in 1910, but the site did not develop beyond that and disappeared from maps in the 1950’s. 2 (1,2,3,5,18,75)(pg 146).