Meagher, North Dakota
Founded: Soo Line Railroad siding built in 1911
Township: Eden Township
Location: NW ¼ Sec. 16-155-55, 2 miles west of Conway as WILD ROSE
Name Changed: 1913 to MEAGHER
Other Names: Wild Rose
MEAGHER: This Soo Line RR siding was built in 1911 in NW ¼ Sec. 16-155-55, Eden Twp., two miles west of Conway, and named WILD ROSE. About 1913, the name was changed to MEAGHER, honoring Cornelius Meagher and his son, Edward Patrick Meagher (1880-1941), well known farmers in the area. 2 (1,3,75,293) (pg 125).