Herriott, North Dakota (Unincorporated Community)
Settlement Established: Great Northern Railroad station built in 1886
Location: SE ¼ Sec. 1-156-53, Walsh Centre Twp., 5 miles SE of Grafton
HERRIOTT: This was a Great Northern RR station built in 1886 in SE ¼ Sec. 1-156-53, Walsh Centre Twp., five miles SE of Grafton. It was named for William Herriott, a grain buyer who moved to the site in 1896 after the original elevator was destroyed by fire. He built a new, smaller elevator here, operating it until 1915. It still exists, having been operated since 1923 by William H. Gorder and his descendants. 2 (1,2,18,75) (Pg 90).