Grafton Post Office, Grafton, North Dakota, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. Built in 1932 from standardized plans issued by the U.S. Treasury Department, it is the first of nine post offices in North Dakota built between 1932 and 1940. Local organizations tried vigorously to influence its original design but to no avail. Stop on the corner of Griggs Avenue and Fifth Street and view one of three North Dakota examples of Colonial Revival style in post office design. While there, notice its front portico columns.
The Grafton Post Office in Grafton, North Dakota, United States, is a Colonial Revival building completed in 1932. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as U.S. Post Office-Grafton in 1989. Wikipedia