GUSTAVUS ADOLPHUS LUTHERAN CHURCH – Adams Township (obsolete)
Walsh Heritage, Vol 2, pg 862-863
The congregation of the Gustavus Adolphus Lutheran Church was organized in 1894. They had no church building at that time, so services were held in the Brynstad School with Pastor Alfvegren as their first pastor. In the fall of 1901, the congregation decided to build a church. The stones for the foundation were hauled that fall. The church building was erected in 1902, completed in 1906.
On Memorial Day, 1968, the structure burned, having been struck by lightning. In August of that year the Gustavus Adolphus Congregation decided to build a small building 50’x28′. Ground was broken for the new Church Sept. 5, 1968. First services in the new Gustavus Adolphus Lutheran Church were held May 25, 1969. David Duane Severson, son of Duane and Lynda Severson, was the first child baptized in the new church. Pastor Emil D. Greiner stated in his message, “We give thanks to those who have gone before, those who constructed the old church, and to those who have built this new building. May it be a building that can help unite us all as the household of God.